Thursday, December 9, 2010

Life Upsidedown

I would be lying if I said "I'm not scared." But in the same breathe I declare "On Christ the Solid Rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand." Then recite a poem I have carried in my heart for several years.

He's placed me in a little cage away from gardens fair.
But, I shall sing the sweetest songs for He has placed me here.
Not beat my wings against the cage if it's my Maker's will.
But raise my voice to heaven's gates and sing the louder still.



Here we are 2 1/2 weeks for the onset of my double vision

[caption id="attachment_736" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="The Eyes have it."][/caption]

My eyes have returned to normal. Praise the Lord! I am so thankful words can not express. I can look right with both eyes. I can look left with both eyes. I no longer see two of everything and I CAN DRIVE! Even going to the store is a delight! Thank You LORD!

five days after the return, I had an appointment with my eye doctor. He was happy for me but guarded. He explained that this can re-occur at anytime. If it does don't panic because as we know it can right itself at anytime also. Further more, He told me blindness can occur, usually in one eye at a time. Watch for this and let him know immediately if this happens. Also if I start having any pain. He reiterated that I should be sure to keep my appointment with the neurologist. That Dr. would have more information and help for me.

Then to my relief, because I have been having some extended vision trouble, he prescribed some eye glasses. Yea! I will be having some eye glasses made to help my vision. I guess I'm getting old. This kind of issue I can handle! Glasses for me! No problem. In fact now that I have found the type of eye wear I want, I'm very excited.

I have chosen an antique type of eye wear. The pince nez. I have purchased a few antique pairs online and am "Looking" forward very much to learning the wearing of this type of glasses. I am hoping I can find a optical place that will help me retro fit one of the pair with my prescription.

Here's to Life Upside down and the good I find in the traversing of it. Thank you Lord for Your Grace and Mercy imparted to me. Your praise is continually on my lips and in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. k says:
    August 20, 2010 at 5:29 pm (Edit)

    I don’t want to sound strong. I don’t want to sound like a know it all. I don’t want to worry anyone. I don’t want to be the focus. I don’t want to break anyone’s heart. I did that yesterday. I wept with my Beloved Greggo as we digested the news. I just want to be with him for as long as our Lord will allow. We sit in the yard in the shade of our trees. I kicked against this so much in the past. It was a chore to be still. I am sorry for that. For now it’s all I wish to do. Sit with my Beloved and see the trees and feel the wind against my skin. To just be still with Greggo and feel that cool breeze kiss our tears away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. k says:
    September 20, 2010 at 3:44 am (Edit)

    It has been an exercise in waiting. It’s been 16 days since the hammer fell in the form of an official diagnosis. We’ve been making decision and then waiting to see if they will be upheld. I don’t know if I even know what to think. I am trying to educate myself in what I need to know or understand about all of this. It is at times hard to keep my head up. Learning about this is at times hard to swallow. We’ll not know how this will play out in my life. No two people have the same experience with this disease. I think the rest of my life will be a waiting game. I cry to my Lord a hymn that seems to have a new meaning to me. Teach me Lord, teach me Lord to wait.

    ReplyDelete