Sunday, December 26, 2010

With a sense of Wonder and Whimsy

"It came without ribbons!
It came without tags!   
It came without packages, boxes or bags!
And he puzzled three hours, 'til his puzzler was sore.
Than The Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
Maybe Christmas, he thought, Doesn't come from a store. 
Maybe Christmas... Perhaps,..means a little bit more!"

"The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" 
by Dr. Suess (1904-1991)



This Christmas I spent just a moment in the company of my nieces. We were invited for Christmas dinner at my sister's home. It is always a joyous time with family. And the family fills the place with love and good fellowship.
At one point I walked back to a bedroom to find one of my niece's playing a keyboard. Along with her was  a grand niece who was reading "Falling Up". I dropped in to chat a moment and soon we had the company of my other niece and two more grand nieces.
The conversation soon, to my delight, took a turn to the whimsy. What fun all these young ladies are to be around. Laughter and loving hearts are truly a blessing to one's soul.
Earlier in the day we were also privileged to be entertained by one of these grand nieces. I have mentioned her before on another website. About how she was the one that inspired my purchase of an ECN. (emergency clown nose )
She has a collection of mechanical toys that she brought with her to show the family . What a delight to watch the toys and her as she wound each one in turn to share them with us. What a sense of wonder this show created. For that moment in time, we where all children. Filled with Wonder and Whimsy.
Thank you Gracie. Thank you Girls. Thank you Family  for the wonderful day.

                       


  A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
                                                                  Ecclesiastes 3:4

No comments:

Post a Comment