Friday, March 4, 2011

Life Upside Down - Six months in

Six months in from my diagnosis. That's half a year! From this side it feels like it has gone pretty fast. From the other side it seemed like I would never get here. Time is funny that way. Hind sight is 20/20. Fore sight is through a  glass, darkly.
This past month has been, again, filled with "Status Quo" days. Some of which have been a little worse than others.
Early in the month I was feeling as though I was coming down with some kind of  cold. So, I think my immune system was working a bit harder. That is not a good thing in my case. I don't need it  attacking  the wrong things while trying to defend me against a cold. I have been kind of worried about that. So  we watch and pray and mega dose Vitamin C.
Admittedly I usually do take large doses of C anyway. It helps me keep another symptom from giving me trouble. But when ever I feel a cold or flu coming on I mega dose. 
So I guess that has been the main focus. Trying to dodge the winter's colds and flu. Trying to stay as healthy as possible. Trying to help my immune system to function well without over exciting it.
As far as other things go. All seems to be going well and I am still doing fine.
Our life upside down has become as though it is right side up. We will still hold dear the lesson we  have learned from Bear. But being in it for a half year now it has become the norm. It does happen. I really didn't believe it would. We've reach the new norm for us. 
I have never experience illness for this long before. This new norm hasn't been easy for me to except. In fact some days  I feel like I haven't. Other days I have.  I guess I'm still in a process. And really we all are in some way or another.
So on we go moment by moment. Thanking God, I am learning to bare up under it. I am thankful for His everlasting arms that hold me.
So, We prayerfully step into the next moment, hour, day, week, month.

2 comments:

  1. i'm 6 months into my new life as well... and i've noticed over the last 2 months stuff seems to be at that status quo level as well... no big changes... some days good, some not so good... and mostly it's me learning what i can do and what i should put off... i think in those first 4 or 5 months its worse because of the stress and emotional impact of diagnosis maybe... hmmm something to ponder on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete