Friday, March 18, 2011

New stuff

I feel like I've opened a new jigsaw puzzle and mixed it with the one I was already working on.
I've gain a few more symptoms. I think. I'm not really sure. I don't want to confuse just run of the mill life occurrences with ms. As one gets older, one does have general aches and pains. Creeks and groans that didn't exist in youth.
That being said I do have a new pain following my right hand weakness. Nausea that seems new. Hot spots, Not to be confused with hot flashes. I'm really not knowing if these are ms or something else. There is also another one I can't remember right now and when it happens I forget to write it down.
Do these fall under ms or a flu/cold bug I've contracted? For the passed week I have felt so poorly. I've opted to stay home. I decided that since I am not sure if this is ms, something else, or a combination of the two, I don't want to share it.
O.k. using deductive reasoning, the hand pain is probably not a flu/cold thing. And the hot spots on the soles of my feet are probably not a flu/cold thing. And the other one I can't remember right now is probably not a flu/cold thing because if it was I would probably remember that.
More reasoning. I have felt nauseous a lot. Now I equate that with the flu, but I don't have a fever or a headache during the nausea. Hubby says ms can cause you to feel nauseous. Why haven't I ever heard that? Or read it? O.k. I've read that some DMMs can cause nausea. In fact that was a major factor in me choosing the one I chose.
I guess I'm  just shocked that I may have new symptoms. Silly I know. But I am shocked none the less. And, not only are they new symptoms, they seem to be silly/weird ones. O.k. so having this searing hand pain isn't so silly. But, just in the right hand? Actually, just the ring and middle fingers on the right hand. It comes and goes. Thankfully. Though aspirin doesn't seem help. Maybe this is something else?
And the hot spots on the soles of my feet. Just a quarter sized hot spot on the ball of my foot. The right side mostly but some times the left foot. It comes and goes. This happens in the evening or at night. Not every day thankfully.
So, here we are. Laying low and seeing if we can get over the cold/flu aspect of feeling so poorly. We'll watch for the unusual and log them when they happen. Maybe a pattern will show itself so we can learn what triggers them and then dodge the triggers. Oh, ya, this cold/flu thing? Maybe it's the trigger. And I was trying to dodge it for a month. That's life. We try the best we can and roll with the punches. I'll be watching for other symptoms.

3 comments:

  1. i'm sorry you are feeling not so good... i just got over the flu thing... and i had maybe new symptoms when i was sick... or maybe not new but just more noticeable because of the illness... not sure.... i have the hot spots that are sort of numb too from time to time... and the pain - neuralgia junk too.... fun isn't it? ha....

    i hope you begin feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying you feel better....

    ReplyDelete