Saturday, June 2, 2012

Excepting weakness - in myself and others

One of the hardest things for me to except since my diagnosis is my weakness. All of us have times of weakness though out our lives but, until ms arrived I've been able to push through these times and muster on. Priding myself in the ability to "punt" through any given situation. Sort of a "get it done" mentality. Well, Now, some times it just doesn't matter what my thinking is. "Get it done" most times just doesn't get done. And I have needed and am needing to except that fact. It's been a complicated factor and a humbling one at that. I've always thought of myself as a strong woman not really needing help to accomplish this or that needing done. "Pilgrim's Progress Part II" by John Bunyan has many good examples to us. I don't know if I agree with all the things Bunyan has written but, I believe there are many Biblical Truths in Pilgrim's Progress. I've always liked the characters Feeble and Ready-to-halt. They are two traveling together towards the Celestial City. They may not be as quick or able as Christiana but, they are helping each other and excepting each others help through their journey. I've identified with them because of my special needs son. Now, more so because of me. He has been a wonderful help lately. I rely on him and he me. We may not be traveling as fast as others but, that doesn't mean we're not walking. And excepting the fact that I'm weak (hopefully) and excepting the weakness and the strengths of those who are walking this life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment